2014 Membership Renewal Reminder
14 Jan 2014
2014 MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
A Recreational licence is a great way to get started. It allows you to participate in recreational rides, charity and fun rides, club training, coffee crew rides, Gran Fondo and Cyclo Sportif events, club run skills development events. You can enjoy a range of cycling activities and improve your skills and fitness. It's the perfect membership if you ride your bike for recreation but is also a good launch pad if you want to progress to racing in the future. Recreational Memberships are available on a quarterly basis with four renewal dates each year (31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December). Membership’s expiry is based off the time of joining and whether that is before or after the 15th day of the middle month between quarterly expiries.
There are four categories of Recreational membership:
• Adult - Aged 19 to 64 for the period of membership
• Junior - Aged 13 - 18 for the period of membership
• Seniors - Aged 65 and over for the period of membership
• KIDZ - A KIDZ licence is an inexpensive introduction to the club environment for children aged 12 and under (primary age groups). The focus is on skills development through modified cycling activities so KIDZ can try out the sport and decide if they want to move on to racing.
The Gold Race licence holder can participate in races conducted by Cycling Australia and its affiliated states and clubs (event entry fees may be payable). Gold Race licences are age restricted from under 9 to Masters 65+. Check the 2014 Age Category table to confirm which licence is right for you. These licences are renewable annually and cover the calendar year (1 January to 31 December) in line with the International Cycling Union's (UCI) requirements. However licences purchased after 1 October are valid until 31 December of the following year.
If you are aged 30 and above you are eligible to choose between two membership types:
1. Elite - Elite Memberships allow:
• Elite Race licence holders of Masters age may contest both the Cycling Australia National Championships and the Cycling Australia Masters National Championships.
• Elite Race licence holders can also compete in Open events such as:
▪ Subaru National Road Series
▪ State Championships
▪ Cycling Australia National Championships
• Club Racing
2. Masters - Masters Memberships allow:
• Entry into all Masters Category events including Cycling Australia Masters National Championships.
• Club racing
• Entry in Cycling Australia Recreational Calendar events
• Entry into Silver Recreational Events
If you hold a Race – Masters Membership and wish to participate in OPEN events you will need to upgrade your membership to do so. Contact Cycling Australia’s Membership Team to assist you.
Family membership is available for families to either Race or for Recreation. A family is determined by:
• 2 adults (elite/masters) & 2 juniors (Junior Under 19 and below) or
• 1 adult (elite/masters) & 3 juniors (Junior Under 19 and below)
Members must have the same address and in the same category (i.e. 4 x race or 4 x recreation) Applications for Family Membership can only be made at the club.
Non-Riding membership is designed to recognise the contribution of the coaches, officials and administrators who work in the sport. It provides membership for a minimal charge and includes professional indemnity insurance cover plus a host of other benefits. This membership is renewable annually and covers the calendar year. However, licences purchased after 1 October are valid until 31 December of the following year.
Please Note - Members seeking personal accident insurance cover whilst on the bike, other than during their coaching and officiating activities, should purchase a Recreational membership.